AKA is one of the world’s most successful entertainment marketing agencies with offices in three continents across the world. We are a full-service advertising and marketing agency for theatre, live entertainment, film, music, museums, galleries, events and attractions, working with some of the country’s leading organisations.
This position is perfect for an aspiring content designer looking for a career in the theatre/ arts industry. Ideal candidates will be creative individuals, who have a passion for theatre. As a social content graphic designer, you will be part of the wider social media and content team, helping in all aspects of the graphic design and creation of social content for our clients. You will have a portfolio which demonstrates a solid understanding of the fundamentals of good design, and which shows you have the foundations of the software concepts and skills to execute them.
· Assist in the creation of innovative and engaging static and animated content for social media channels against client briefs and social strategy.
· Shape and adhere to the correct tone of voice and deliver on-brand content.
· Generation of new, creative ideas and involvement in content brainstorms
· Create content brand guidelines per client.
· Present and circulate updates in the weekly social meetings regarding competitor analysis and industry content highlights.
· Attend monthly meetings to present work to clients.
Contribute to excellent client relationships across a portfolio of accounts:
· Assist in driving the wider AKA team to deliver outstanding client service by anticipating, recognising and meeting client needs
· Acts as an ambassador for AKA within the industry by building relationships with key contacts and suppliers and by attending trade and press nights and events when required.
· Build a good understanding of each client’s proposition, business goals and challenges, their competitors, the environment in which they operate and their audiences
Other Duties as Assigned:
AKA is a fluid organisation and advertising is a fast moving and rapidly changing business; as such you may be required to undertake duties which are in line with the general purpose of this job description, but which are not specifically referred to.
Some out of hours working (evenings and weekends) are occasionally required to ensure that time-sensitive social activity is delivered when required. This includes but is not limited to theatrical press nights, gallery openings, client and industry events.
Person Specification and Minimum Qualifications
· Entry level position or 1 year experience working in a similar role with transferable skills
· A knowledge and experience of graphic design using the Adobe Creative Suite
· A basic understanding of motion graphics and aftereffects
· Ability to work independently, take responsibility and show initiative
· A ‘can do’ attitude, willing to go the extra mile with confidence and a professional outlook
· A passion for theatre and live entertainment