Tank is a branding, design and experience agency with a studio in Somerville, MA but with remote employees all over the country. We are a strongly integrated group of researchers, strategists, designers, writers, technologists, and liaisons, working together to create new digital experiences, evolve existing brands and empower established brands.
We have a fair and collaborative work culture. We treat each other very well. You can always ask for help or to grab a coffee with anyone. And we mean anyone. We are a small agency of about 40 employees and we enjoy each other's company as much as we enjoy learning from one another.
Want to learn more about Tank Design and the work we do? Visit us at tankdesign.com/work
- Competitive Health Care Plans
- Generous PTO and very flexible personal and sick time
- Summer Fridays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Available mental health resources (Employee Assistance Program)
Work Location & Travel
- Somerville, Ma (hybrid) Required
- We’re flexible! Work from home or in the studio. All Tankers have the freedom to work early, start late, etc. to best achieve their goals. We allow for this flexibility with the understanding that all work obligations are met. Standard operating hours 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM EST
- Potential for future client travel
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Senior UI visual designer who's passionate about product and brand design, with exceptional communication skills to take complex challenges and build enterprise solutions.
- 1-2+ years of brand and product UI design experience in an agency or in-house design role.
- Participated in all project phases from inception to completion.
- Contribute to design strategy and system design approaches, involving maintaining and evolving design languages, UI libraries and product experiences.
- Have a strong crafted portfolio that demonstrates advanced user interface design with an understanding of user experience principles.
- Understanding of responsive mobile best practices. Native app experience a benefit.
- Understanding of interaction design involving motion.
- Understanding of WCAG/ADA best practices
- Make decisions that demonstrate layers of thought - balancing research & insight, innovation, strategy, enthusiasm and discretion
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to lead conversation and inspire the client
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously, and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Iterate, collaborate and communicate with UX Designers, Content Designers and other team members
- Self-starter mindset: adaptability & resiliency, self motivation and time management are vital
Tools & Technology
- Skilled in using the latest design and prototyping tools (e.g Figma, Invision, Sketch, Google Suite)
- A foundational understanding of front-end development to communicate and partner with the development teams both internally and externally.